SEO and Marketing for Mortgage Brokers
SEO can benefit your Mortgage Broking business by boosting your Google search ranking.
In today’s world, the mortgage broking industry has become more competitive than ever. There is a high quantity of mortgage brokers, making it difficult for these businesses to gain a competitive advantage. Mortgage industry keywords are very competitive and they can be complicated to boost your search rankings through them.
How can SEO benefit my Mortgage Broking business?
SEO is one of the best online campaigns that are available to any business. The Google search engine is drawn to high-quality sites with strong content over other websites. SEO tailors to the Google search engine effectively as it focuses on elevating your Google My Business ranking. By improving your Google My Business ranking your Mortgage Broker business will attract more clients through a higher volume of web traffic. With a high GMB rating, your business will be benefited over the long term as you will continuously attract customers that are interested in hiring a mortgage broker.
What steps should I take to implement SEO for my Mortgage Broking business?
- The very first step to implement SEO for your mortgage broker business is to conduct keyword research. To do this, it is best to select the best hiring intent and research intent keywords that match your business. The hiring intent keywords demonstrate that a search is done for an action to take place. These keywords can also be used to optimize your homepage and the services page on your website.
- Research intent keywords are used to gather information about the customers. More than two-thirds of customers enter a local keyword phrase such as “mortgage broker in Toronto”. When determining your keywords/key phrases you should focus on the main location that your business serves. For example, a Toronto brokerage website could utilize keyphrases such as “Toronto Mortgage Broker Services” and “Mortgage Broker Toronto”. These keyphrases can be implemented into the content of your pages naturally while also providing valuable information that is related to your business.
Your GMB Page
- Your GMB page is what shows up in the “Map” results page. By completely optimizing your GMB page, your page will appeal to many potential clients.
- Getting a strong GMB ranking is also not as difficult as getting a higher search result position. It also helps that the GMB map pages typically show up near the top of the search results page.
Optimizing the key pages of your site
- One of the biggest priorities that you should take is to edit the key pages on your website. By tailoring your key pages to match up with the keywords that potential clients are searching up, you will be able to attract more web traffic.
- Your main priority should be to capture all of the local traffic that you can. By doing this, you will be able to boost your search rankings. After creating content and optimizing your key pages to attract local traffic, you can then begin to use keyphrases that go beyond your area.
- Creating well-written and thorough content to demonstrate to your web visitors why they should select your mortgage broking business over others is crucial. Strong content is key for your website as it will demonstrate to your web visitors that your team is qualified for the service. Your GMB ranking will also increase with the creation of strong content for your business.
- Your site should also follow these steps for effective optimization:
- Create one headline (H1 tag) for each of your webpages
- Include subheading (H2 tags) throughout your content
- Get your keyword to appear 2-5 times on each page
- Create a strong meta description(page description) for your webpages
- Create a Meta title tag to feature your keyword/keyphrase. It should be under 70 characters in length.
- Make sure that all of your sitelinks are working accordingly
- Use an XML Sitemap to map out the structure of your website
Creating well-written content is a great way to attract more web traffic and customers.
Citations and Links
While optimizing your website and GMB listing is a good starting point for SEO, adding citations and links to your site will give you an upper hand over competitors.
- When created, citations are meant to include your practice name, address and phone number(aka “NAP”). For your business, it is best to create a citation on your contact page as well as the footer of your website. Once you have created and entered the citation onto your website, you’ll want to send it to directories to get more exposure.
- Here are the types of directories that you can submit to:
General, National Business Directories
- These directories are a great first step to get exposure for your citations. By listing your citation on directories such as 411.com, Yelp.com and Yellowpages.com, your citation will begin to get recognition. You should also create a Facebook page for your business.
- After submitting your citations to general directories, you should search for industry-specific directories in your surrounding location. It is best to target free directories before submitting to paid ones. If you decide to submit to paid directories, then you should focus on getting web referral traffic from those directories.
- After going through the general and industry specific directories, local directories should be your next search. Local directories are directories in your area such as your local Chamber of Commerce website.
- Links are hyperlinks that direct another website to your website. These links are called inbound links and can boost your website’s authority and status in the eyes of Google.
- After going through all of the types of directories and links, you should look at your offline relationships. If any of your offline relationships can allow you to gain links through sponsorships for example, then you should look to take that opportunity.
- By researching which websites are linking to your competitors’ websites, then you can determine if there is an opportunity for you to get similar links. This may also give you other directory opportunities and give you different ideas of how you can attract links to your website.
Reviews are a key factor that can give you a key advantage over local competitors. With high quality and quantity of reviews, your business will boost its GMB ranking, allowing you to give more clients. On top of this, if your reviews are majorly positive, it will only convince customers even more to contact you.
Make your website Mobile-Friendly
In today’s day and age, most people search for a local business on their phone instead of their computer. This demonstrates the significance of having a mobile friendly website. On top of this, mobile-friendly websites will generate more mobile web traffic while increasing your GMB ranking.